About Keyork Immigration Law
We are a dedicated and experienced team and we are committed to make a difference everyday for our clients.
Mary Keyork, Lawyer with the Law Society of Ontario, conseiller juridique canadien with the Quebec Bar and Founder of Keyork Immigration Law
Mary Keyork is a Canadian lawyer with the Law Society of Ontario and a conseiller juridique canadien with the Quebec Bar who specializes in Canadian immigration law and leads her own law firm, Keyork Immigration Law. She handles all types of Canadian immigration matters and visas, with a focus on contesting negative and complex decisions at all three divisions of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) as well as at the Federal Court of Canada.
Mary is fluent in English, French and Armenian, and has conversational skills in Spanish.
Get to know Mary by watching the videos below
Passion for immigration stems from her roots
Mary Keyork is a lawyer with the Law Society of Ontario and a conseiller juridique canadien with the Quebec Bar who specializes in Canadian immigration law and leads her own law firm, Keyork Immigration Law. Mary was born into an immigrant Armenian family in Montreal. Mary’s passion for immigration stems from her roots as her great-grandparents endured and escaped the Armenian genocide in 1915 - this led her parents and grandparents to immigrate to Canada in the 70’s.
Handling immigration files more than 10 years
Given Mary’s years of experience in Canadian immigration court proceedings, she provides strategies and recommendations in submitting improved and enhanced applications in order to avoid refusals. Mary also has a unique experience in submitting spousal sponsorships and ensuring a fast and smooth reunification of couples in Canada. She also handles stopping deportation from Canada.
Academic background and affiliation
- Civil Law Degree from the University of Montreal in 2005
- Master’s Degree in Transnational Law and Common Law from the University of Sherbrooke in 2006
- Licensed lawyer with the Law Society of Ontario
- Conseiller juridique canadien with the Quebec Bar (c.j.c.)
- Certified Specialist in Immigration Law by the Law Society of Ontario
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Member of the Ontario Bar Association (OBA)
- Former Member-at-Large of the Immigration Section of the OBA from 2010-2011
- Member of the Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers (CARL)
- Member of the Refugee Lawyer Association (RLA)
- Member of the Quebec Immigration Lawyers Association (AQAADI)
Volunteer engagement in Toronto and Montreal
Mary served as a Board Member for the Armenian Family Support Services (AFSS) from 2008-2012 as well as for Hay Doun from 2012-2017, charitable organizations in Toronto and Montreal, which help newcomers settle and integrate into Canada.
Through this volunteer engagement, Mary created and conducted immigration law clinics on a pro-bono basis for several years. Mary is also currently legal counsel for la Kasa de Kamu, a charitable organization in Montreal dedicated to helping young women in Peru.
International Volunteer Experiences
Mary has a diverse background of related international volunteer experiences, including :
- Internships at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Yerevan (Armenia) through the Birthright Armenia in 2006
- Internships at the International Labour Organization (ILO) in Geneva (Switzerland) in 2007
- The Ontario Lawyer’s Assistance Program (OLAP) from 2009 to 2012
- The Metropolitan Action Committee on Violence Against Women and Children (METRAC), providing legal information training on the subject of the impact of changes in immigration policy on vulnerable women
- Immigration training at the social work department at the Jewish General Hospital in Montreal.